Makes 4-5 servings.
- Chicken (3-4 breasts)
- 1/2 C – Flour
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 C – Butter
- 1 – Onion
- 4 cloves – Garlic
- 1 can – Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14oz can – Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 C – Cooking Sherry or White Wine
- 3-4 C – Rice (uncooked)
- Cut each chicken breast into 4-5 pieces and dredge in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper. In a 2 quart pan fry chicken in a tablespoon of butter a few pieces at time until the outside layer is cooked but the inside is still raw (2-3 min each). Add more butter as needed, then set chicken aside.
- Julian cut the onion and cook in the same pan on medium heat with the remaining butter. Cook until softened. Add garlic and cook till fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add the soup, tomato sauce and wine to the pan and stir to combine. Then add the chicken back to the pan. Bring heat to low and allow ingredients to cook for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 3 hours. Stir occasionally. If you have an oven proof pan, you can put the mixture in the oven at 250F to slow cook it. You may break up the meat a little part way through cooking in order to help it cook through and become tender.
- About 30 min prior to serving, cook the rice.
- Serve a few pieces of meat over rice with the sauce and enjoy.