This recipe has been at the Luken cottage in Cedar Lake WI for Thanksgiving dinner for as long as I can remember. Myself and the entire family now refer to it as Aunt Pam’s Famous Pumpkin Pie. It is outstanding!
Just a minor variation from normal pumpkin pie recipes this one uses slightly less sugar and the addition of nutmeg does the trick. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 2 pies
- 1 29OZ Can of pumpkin. (NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix, just plain 100% pumpkin)
- 2 Cans Evaporated Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 9″ Pie Crusts (make your own or bye frozen to make life easier)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Blend all ingredients except crust until thoroughly mixed
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pie crusts
- Bake for 15 Minutes at 425F then turn heat down to 350F and continue to bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 1 hour prior to refrigerating or serving.